The general structure is as follows:
- Synchronous Class Sessions: Interns will meet in person in the mornings every day for daily announcements, address any concerns/misconceptions from the previous day, and introduce the day's topic.
- Synchronous Open Work Blocks: During these times, interns are expected to work on their weekly projects or prepare for their capstone projects. Interns are encouraged to collaborate with other interns and be resources for one another!
- Capstone Project: After completing the instructional weeks, we will also have a collaborative course-wide project. We will break the class up into groups of 3 interns each, and every group will select a larger project to scope, design, and build throughout the class. At the end of the course, we will do a demo day showcasing all of these projects.
- Tech Taste Workshops: 60-90 minute lecture-style workshops. These are opportunities to introduce new topics that are not part of the core curriculum. The Tech taste workshop ideas document holds current topic ideas for workshops.
Mentorship: Interns will have two mentors, one company mentor, and one CodePath mentor
- Company Mentors: Meet with interns 1:1. They provide professional mentorship and high-level guidance around capstone projects. Starting in Week 3, mentors will meet with their mentees and groups in a weekly Pod Sync. This is a specific dedicated time for all three mentors to give feedback on the team’s capstone project.
Each week builds on the skills and knowledge from the previous week:
- Weekly Project: Interns will work on a single project each week that focuses on reinforcing the topics discussed during the lab workshops for the week. Interns will mainly work on days when there are no new topics in labs.
- Labs: Interns will learn new topics on Monday and Wednesday in a 2-hour lab workshop block. They will receive some instruction before breaking out to complete a self-guided lab. All instructions on how to complete the lab are on our course portal.
- Online Support: Students can post questions and get support through our slack channel.
- Online Learning Portal: Students will have access to a custom learning portal with videos, code samples, and a comprehensive documentation library.