Technical Interview Prep Course - Intermediate Track is a 10-week course that will help students ace their technical interviewing skills and give them a preview of real-world challenges in the industry. It is designed to be a challenging course that introduces advanced techniques and patterns and helps in solving tougher algorithm problems often not covered much in typical university courses.
This course assumes students know the basics of data structures like linked lists, trees, and graphs and feel comfortable with easy to medium difficulty interview questions.
- Lectures and algorithm labs
- Interview practice
- Tools and techniques for problem solving
- Mentorship from industry professionals
- Info sessions from experienced engineers
- Resume feedback & internship search support
- Must have taken at least one basic programming course and an algorithms and data structures course.
- Mandatory attendance for the weekly virtual sessions with 3 excused absences.
- Can dedicate 10+ hours a week to the course and assignment work for 12 weeks
Topics introduced are focused on technical interviewing and practical fundamentals of software development including:
- Behavioral and general interviewing tips
- Practical data structures
- Implementing efficient algorithms
Over the 10 weeks, the following topics will be highlighted:
- Core data structures: Hash Tables, Arrays, Linked Lists
- Complex data structures: Binary Trees, Heaps
- Searches: Binary Search, Breadth-First Search/Depth First Search
- Sorting: Merge Sort and Quick Sort
The course will also include a preview of real-world software engineering roles and challenges including:
- Fireside Q&A chats and info sessions with professional engineers
- Industry mentors helping with mock interviews
- Learn what it's like in the day-to-day different software engineering roles
- What are the common challenges faced in your first full-time software role