During the Session:
Prepend your group number to your Zoom name. You can change your Zoom display name by going to Participants -> Find your name and hover over it -> Click on More -> Rename.
- Example: if Caren was in group 1: she would rename herself as 1 - Caren Chang
After the lecture, students will be grouped and placed into breakout rooms.
Switch your microphone and video on when you are in your breakout rooms for easier collaboration.
How do I join the breakout room?
We set up Zoom so you will be automatically routed to your breakout rooms.
If in case you weren’t routed to your room, the host will need to invite you to join the room.
If you missed this prompt, click on the Breakout rooms button at the bottom of the window.
I need help while in a breakout room
- You can get help by clicking on “Ask for help”.
Why are my other groupmates not in the breakout room?
- It’s most likely due to either of these reasons:
- They are not attending the session today.
- They got disconnected and need to be assigned to your breakout room.
- They have been assigned, but have not clicked on the Join breakout room button.
Our TA is absent. What do we do?
- We encourage you to continue to work on the task and discuss the problems amongst yourselves.
- Click on the “Ask for help” button if you are stuck and need help.
How do I know if it’s time to leave my breakout room?
- An announcement will be made when groups are being called back into the lobby for a wrap-up.